I love all the banana based recipes that I have found on Pinterest. By far, my favorite has to be the Single Ingredient Ice Cream. The little man is obsessed with it. He thinks that it’s amazing that he can request banana ice cream for breakfast and actually get it. These fried bananas looked too good not to try. How can you go wrong with bananas and honey?
1 banana, sliced
1 tablespoon honey
Coconut oil (Olive oil was suggested, but I used coconut oil instead)
1. Lightly drizzle oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Arrange banana slices in pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together honey and 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Remove pan from heat and pour honey mixture over banana.
5. Allow to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon.
These were tasty, but I still prefer the ice cream. They were mushy, which I wasn’t expecting. I thought they might get a little crispy. The little man inhaled them though. That’s a given. You know what would make them even better? Some sort of peanut butter sauce on top. Mmmm! Yup, I’ll be making these again to experiment with that. I’ll let you know what I come up with!