– ½ cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 can black beans (rinsed)
– ½ chopped red pepper
– ½ cup corn
– ½ chopped red onion
– ¼ cup chopped cilantro + some for garnish
– 1 tbsp taco seasoning
2. Chop the red onion and red pepper and add all the ingredients, minus the quinoa, in a bowl and mix well with the taco seasoning. Once the quinoa is finished and has cooled, add it to the vegetable mixture.
3. Put the mixture in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Combine the Greek yogurt and chopped cilantro to make the “sour cream” topping.
5. To assemble the avocados, begin by cutting them in half, removing the skin and the pit. I also scooped out part of the avocado to make a little room for more stuffing.
6. Scoop about ½ a cup of the quinoa mixture into each avocado, more if you can fit it. Finish with a little “sour cream” and some chopped cilantro and serve.
These were SO good! I adapted the sour cream recipe because the recipe in the original pin was a little too much work for me. It sounded really interesting, but I opted for the easy route. If you love avocados, quinoa, and cilantro as much as I do, you won’t be disappointed by this recipe. Mmmm mmm mmm!
Bullfrogs & Bulldogs