It was about time to try another quinoa recipe and these bites looked so tasty! Mine don’t look quite as good as the ones in the pin, but that’s nothing new.
– 2 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (I prepared 3/4 cup uncooked – Instead of preparing quinoa with water like the package suggests, use chicken broth)
– 3 large eggs
– 3 stalks of green onion, sliced thin
– 1 cup grated carrots
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
– 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
– 3 Tbsp flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl (except for the extra Parmesan for the top of each bite) and mix well.
3. Spray your muffin tins entirely with cooking spray. Scoop out enough mixture to fill your standard muffin tins 3/4 full. Press down firmly with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top of each muffin tin portion.
4. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. They will be ready when slightly browned on top and a fairly browned crust on bottom and sides has formed. Watch them carefully!
5. Pop out of muffin tins and allow to cool slightly. Dip bites into your favorite dressing and enjoy!
These were really tasty and easy to make. The only problem I ran into was that they were very difficult to remove from the muffin tins. I thought I sprayed my tins really well, but apparently not. Don’t make the same mistake! I might try foil liners next time.
Make It & Love It