I felt a little guilty about making those delicious soft pretzels yesterday knowing that my husband wouldn’t be able to enjoy them, so I made him a little treat too. These protein balls had his name written all over them.
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used craisins and raisins)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup large flake oats (not instant)
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used 1% milk)
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined. It’s easiest to just mix it with your hands. If the mixture is a little dry, slowly add a little more milk, about 1tsp at a time. You do not want the mixture too wet.
2. With clean hands, start forming 1 inch balls with about 1 Tbsp of the mixture. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Place and store prepared balls in the fridge or freezer.
These were a big hit. They were super easy to throw together too, so I’ll totally make them again. They are perfect for a quick snack on the go.