I have been seeing a lot of this cauliflower crust recently. At first, I didn’t even bother to look at it. I am not a fan of cauliflower. I never eat the stuff. Why would I make a crust out of it? Because it doesn’t taste anything like cauliflower! Seriously!
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Olive oil (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. To rice your cauliflower, take 1 large head of cauliflower, remove the stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to a food processor and pulse just until it looks like rice. You can also grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater if you don’t have a food processor.
3. Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl, add 1/4 cup water, and microwave for 6-8 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the cauliflower, mozzarella cheese and egg together and stir until well incorporated. Apparently, this recipe works just as well using only 1/2 cup of cheese. You definitely don’t need the full cup. Add the oregano, garlic, and garlic salt. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and shape into a 9-inch circle. Brush the crust with olive oil to help it brown in the oven.
5. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, until the crust is browned and cooked through the middle.
6. Remove the crust from the oven, and add your sauce and toppings. Place under a broiler at high heat until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It should only take about 2-4 minutes.
I seriously think that this wins the award for pin that exceeds my expectations the most. I’m pretty sure I ate half of the pizza myself. This is coming from someone that doesn’t even like cauliflower. Really, that was literally the first time I had ever even bought the stuff. Don’t be expecting a crispy crust though. You definitely have to eat this with a fork, but I didn’t even mind. I’m looking forward to having the leftovers tomorrow!
Stick a Fork in it