My husband has some of the best reactions to my Pinterest creations. He saw me cutting up an avocado, then when he came back in the kitchen, I was preparing a salad with the avocado nowhere in sight.
“Where did the avocado go??”
“Look in the oven.”
1 pound thin sliced chicken breast
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs (I used seasoned breadcrumbs.)
2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking spray
1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
2 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 392 degrees F. I know this seems like a random temperature, but that’s because the original recipe was in C, so it had to be converted.
2. Place flour and breadcrumbs on two separate plates and lightly whisk milk and egg together in a shallow bowl.
3. Coat 1 piece of chicken breast in flour (shaking off excess), dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs.
4. Place chicken on prepared baking tray lined with foil. Repeat the same process with the remaining chicken breast.
5. Lightly spray or brush the prepared chicken with oil then bake for 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and spread each chicken breast with 1 heaping tablespoon of pasta sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Return to oven and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through. I kept mine in for 10 minutes because I’m so paranoid about under-cooking chicken.
Yum! My husband was super impressed by this one. We love avocado, so it was great to find a new way to use it. The best part is, this is so easy to make. Score!