It’s summer, so the grill has been getting a good workout. We really don’t make kabobs very often, and I’m not sure why. They are so fun, and these Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs were a huge hit!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces (I used green peppers since I had those on hand.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. I marinated mine for about 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
These were really delicious, and the marinade is awesome! We will be making these again for sure. You can easily mix up the veggies too. The onions were amazing, so I do suggest keeping those in there. If you are using wooden skewers, don’t forget to soak them overnight before using them. You don’t want them to burn on the grill.