Ladies and gentleman, I present to you yet another winning recipe courtesy of Pinterest. I knew this was going to be good just by looking at the list of ingredients.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic, then cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, soups, tomatoes and chili powder.
2. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. baking dish with half of the tortilla strips, then top with half of the chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
I have used tortillas in casserole dishes before and you really do want to use the corn tortillas. They flour tortillas don’t hold up as well and tend to get mushy. The flavors in this dish are great. It kind of reminded me of the Chicken Enchilada Pasta, but that pasta dish is on a whole different level of awesomeness.
Taste of Home