I know what you’re thinking. These look really cute, but I don’t have time to make things like that. Would you believe me if I told you these were easier to make than regular lasagna? Believe it!
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)
- 12 wonton wrappers (I used egg roll wrappers cut into fourths)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese
- (optional) basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Brown meat and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
3. Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. You can also leave them square. That’s what I did!
4. Reserve 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 6 tablespoon mozzarella for the top of you cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Top with a little meat and marinara sauce. Use around 1-2 teaspoons of all the ingredients depending on your personal preference.
5. Repeat layers ending with marinara sauce. Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
7. Garnish with basil and serve.
I absolutely love how fun and easy these are! I was unsure about the egg roll wrappers, but they really work! I would suggest following the directions and letting them cool for 5 minutes before trying to remove them. They are much easier to get out if you wait a few minutes. I’m way too impatient when my food comes out of the oven. I even forget the garnish…sorry basil!
The Girl Who Ate Everything