I love a good oatmeal bar. They are usually really easy to make and I haven’t had a bad one yet. They are also way cheaper than buying them in the store. Today I decided to try Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares.
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large mashed banana
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.
2. Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.
3. Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients.
4. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy!
These were really moist and delicious. The whole family loved them!
If you are looking for an even easier oatmeal square recipe, be sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oat Bars post. You don’t even need to bake them!