I have literally never cooked mashed potatoes before. It’s not because I don’t like them. I actually love mashed potatoes. They always just seemed like too much work. When I saw that you could make mashed potatoes in my favorite appliance, the Crock Pot, I knew it was time to try making them myself.
- 5 Pounds of Russet Potatoes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes chunks
- 1 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk, warmed
- 2 ounces of light cream cheese
- Peel potatoes and cube. Try to get about 12 cubes per potato.
- Get your Crock Pot out and set it to high. Put potatoes, chicken stock, and butter into the Crock Pot.
- Cook for 4 1/2 hours.
- Roughly mash the potatoes.
- Add garlic, sour cream, salt, pepper, milk, and cream cheese and finish mashing.
Yum! I used these to frost my meatloaf cupcakes. What a great combination!
Budget Savvy Diva