I love foaming hand soap, but I don’t love how much more expensive it is than regular soap. I think what you are really paying for is the pump because it’s more complicated than a regular pump. When I learned how easy it is to make foaming soap on my own, I was super excited!
- Liquid Hand Soap (Softsoap, Dial, antibacterial, etc) *Don’t use the thick and creamy soaps. The clear-based soaps foam best!*
- 1 Empty Foaming Hand Soap Bottle
- Fill the empty foaming soap bottle with approximately 1 inch of your liquid hand soap.
- Slowly fill the rest of the bottle with tap water.
- Put lid back on, and gently tip upside down and side to side to mix. Don’t shake. It will get too sudsy.
I’m not a germaphob, so watering down soap doesn’t freak me out. I tried to do a little internet research to find out if watering down soap really made it ineffective. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find much. You can decide for yourself whether or not you want to give it a try. I know this is how I’ll be getting my foaming soap from now on!
The Frugal Girls