I just love when pins claim to be the best…the best broccoli, the best pork chops, the best chocolate chip cookies. They get my hopes up that I’m going to be blown away by this new recipe that will make me wonder what my life was like before I discovered it. So far that hasn’t been the case. This recipe was no different. These were certainly good pork chops, but they weren’t the best I have ever had.
– 3 cups Fine Dry Italian Bread Crumbs (I used Panko instead)
– 1 package Dry Italian Dressing mix
– 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– Ranch dressing
– 6 large loin pork chops
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix ingredients 2 – 5 in a large bowl and mix together very well. Now pour a layer of ranch dressing out into a plate. Take one pork chop at a time and coat it on the plate with ranch dressing and then put the pork chop with the ranch dressing on it into the large bowl with the bread crumbs and coat it well on all sides.
3. Have your tin foil lined baking pan ready. Spray the tinfoil with cooking spray. Place your breaded pork chops onto the tinfoil covered pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the thick part of your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. As soon as your pork chops are done remove from the pan and serve as soon as possible.
Like I said, this recipe was good, but they weren’t the best pork chops I have ever tasted. I will probably make them again though. I don’t have many recipes where you bake pork chops in the oven like this. I also think you could easily use chicken instead of pork and they would be just as tasty.
I did learn a very helpful tip from this recipe too. When I bake pork or chicken on a pan like this, the bottom side usually ends up soggy. To prevent this, put a rack (I used a cooling rack) on top of your foil lined pan and lay the pork chops on top. This tip worked like a charm!